The current state of the world can be compared to an ever burning forest fire and the flames are enveloping the world with the smog of climate change. Our present civilization is the “slaughterhouse civilization” committing unspeakable acts of violence upon other living beings and exploitation being in every fiber of its construction. Ever increasing greed for economic gains is the goal. We all know, this experiment has been disastrous, yet we stay oblivious of the growing dangers that envelope this planet.
Here are the facts that we all tend to be ignorant about:
- Water used for farmed animals and irrigating feed crops: 240 trillion gallons per year- 7.5 million gallons per second (that’s enough for every human to take 8 showers a day, or as much as is used by Europe, Africa, and South America combined). According to the UN: “[t]he water used by the sector exceeds 8 percent of the global human water use.
- Emissions of greenhouse gases from raising animals for food: The equivalent of 7.8 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year, according to the UN report. Concludes the UN: “The livestock sector is… responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions.” That’s about 40 percent more than all the cars, trucks, planes, trains, and ships in the world combined (transport is 13%).
- It takes more than 11 times as much fossil fuel to make one calorie of animal protein as it does to make one calorie of plant protein.
- Soil erosion due to growing livestock feed: 40 billion tons per year (or 6 tons/year for every human being on the planet–of course if you don’t eat meat, none of this is attributed to you; if you’re in the U.S. where we eat lots more meat than most of the world, your contribution is many times greater than 6 tons/year). About 60% of soil that is washed away ends up in rivers, streams and lakes, making waterways more prone to flooding and to contamination from soil’s fertilizers and pesticides. Erosion increases the amount of dust carried by wind, polluting the air and carrying infection and disease.
- Grain and corn raised for livestock feed that could otherwise feed people, according to the UN: 836 million tons per year (note that the more commonly used figure, 758 million tons, is metric). That’s more than 7 times the amount used for biofuels and is much more than enough to adequately feed the 1.4 billion humans who are living in dire poverty, and the number doesn’t even include the fact that almost all of the global soy crop (about 240 million tons of soy) is also fed to chickens, pigs, and other farmed animals.
Data Source: United Nations
Undoubtedly If such a civilization has to change, then reform needs to spring from its roots, its wrong premise and foundation upon which it is standing, the false structure that it is displaying, expose the anomalies of the society and repair the system. In other words, we need to overhaul.
Overhaul is to look at the solutions comprehensively and one by one take out, repair, place new parts and fixtures, lubricate and give a new look. We need to educate good citizens and start taking actions towards positive change.
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our time and conscious businesses have a vital role to play. This is where ecopreneurs come into the picture. New green startups focused on creating and selling environmentally-friendly products and services is the new way to do business – a way to create sustainable business models.
Ecopreneurs are usually working towards cradle to cradle product design and triple bottom line accounting. Profits do not come before the planet. Their battle is against Ocean pollution, Food waste, Single-use plastic, Deforestation, Ecosystem destruction, Endangered species etc. But, financial abundance plays a vital role for keeping our mind body and spirit in sync and continuing the fight.
BUT WHY DOES THIS PLANET REQUIRE ECOPRENEURS?
Being an Ecopreneur Includes the same struggles and challenges that any entrepreneur experiences, but they are driven by the added incentive of battling a cause, fighting for change and making the world a more sustainable place. When you start a conscious business, you are battling mindless unethical consumerism and improving your ecological environment at the same time.
WE MAKE YOUR DREAMS OF BEING AN ECOPRENEUR A POSSIBILITY?Because the definition of what an ecopreneur is is so broad, the process of becoming one is often confusing for people. It’s certainly not an easy task to be conscious and make a profit at the same time. Our services are focused on making sure that your business is having a positive impact on the environment and getting you the profit that you need to be headstrong in this battle.
THE FREEDOM SWITCH PROGRAM: EMPOWERING ASPIRING ECOPRENUERSOur services are focused on removing all the roadblocks and challenges that ecopreneurs typically face while starting their business. With weekly business coaching sessions with your business coach we will ensure that you develop the complete blueprint of your business, work exclusively with our in-house branding team to develop the visual representation of your business, get your very own website that gives you the online presence your business needs and build awareness about your brand through Digital Marketing. As a bonus you will join our like-minded program members on our private facebook group where you can attend weekly coaching.
Are You Ready For The Switch?
Book a Free Discovery Session And Launch Your Business In 3 Months or Less.
It’s time to take action and start extinguishing the blazing fire of this world